Sunday 27 January 2008

Reflections.

Over the past 3 months I have been working on a group project as part of my Broadcast Media course at Bath Spa University.

The main aim of the project, was to produce a radio show or Podcast, the theme of which was up to the group. Me and group partner Ved, decided to do a Live music session podcast, called "Wired4Sound".

We found a really good band to use for this production, 'The Apostates' - their music was great, and they did a really good interview (we ended up with almost an hour of material!).

I think me and Ved worked very well together, we held regular production meetings and where always organised and new exactly what we where doing.
I think we worked well together when it came to the editing. It can sometimes be awkward when you have more than one person sat in front of a computer screen - with one person 'assuming' the role of editor, rather than working as a group.
This wasn't the case though, me and Ved (I felt) communicated well with every aspect of the production.

For the portfolio write - up, which accompanied the podcast, me and Ved split the work in two. I felt that this worked well, with both of us fulfilling our quotas well. I am just as happy with the portfolio, as I am with the actual podcast itself.

Overall, I really enjoyed the project. It has given me much more enthusiasm regarding the upcoming projects that make up the rest of the course. I hope that any other group efforts will work out as well as they did with me and Veds Podcast production.

It is also my understanding that I am no longer required to use this blog as part of the course, but I have enjoyed this process (I am new to blogs), so I think I will continue it - maybe broadening the range of topics I post on.

No comments: